We are proud to announce our participation in the 2016 IT’S TIME TEXAS Community Challenge! Lancaster is excited to participate in this statewide healthy competition and we’re in it to win it for Lancaster.
- Each winning COMMUNITY receives a $1,200 grant from "It's Time Texas" for school health initiatives, trophy, and city banner.
- The Lancaster RESIDENT with the most points earned will be recognized as healthiest resident in the Lancaster Connection and win an annual Fitness Atrium membership valued at $160 (Lancaster Recreation Center).
- Participating BUSINESSES will be recognized in the Lancaster Connection (must sign the workplace pledge).
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Log onto the Challenge website: www.ittcommunitychallenge.com
- Register—it just takes a minute and earns our community 50 points!
- Start uploading your healthy activities as a community member, as a member of a business, school, community organization, or faith-based organization.
It’s easy to start uploading and here are some ideas to get you started:
• 200 points » Take a Healthy Selfie.
Snap a picture making a healthy choice!
• 200 points » Organize a Workplace Walk or other healthy group activity.
How about a healthy office potluck, dropping for 10 pushups every hour with your coworkers, or creating makeshift standing desks with books or boxes?
• 250-10,000 points » Sign a Pledge.
There are pledges on the Challenge website for mayors, employers, school districts, principals, PTA members, and faith-based leaders.
• 1,000 points » Download the Teach Healthier App.
All educators can earn points by incorporating the app’s easy-to-implement curriculum. This Teach Healthier tutorial will help you get started!
For more information contact Community Relations at 972-218-1300, email@example.com